How do we see the forest from the trees? We can’t, right? That’s why most of us do not know our own worth. Unable to get a bird’s eye view of ourselves, we tend to compare ourselves to others to get a sense of our personal worth.
Sometimes the ego decides that you are more intelligent, successful, and pretty than “she” is, and sometimes it determines that you’re not so bright after all; your job sucks; you might consider Botox, or even a bag over your head. Maddeningly, your ego might even give you BOTH evaluations at the same time.
It’s no wonder it’s so hard to know our own worth!
You’ll always come up short letting your ego determine your worth.
With an inflated ego, you might push your weight around and hurt those around you. Plus, it’s hard to evolve when you already think you’re perfect. And, yet, with a deflated ego, you don’t treat yourself as well as you should, nor do you expect the kind and respectful treatment you deserve from others. You don’t ask for the raise. You stay with the negligent boyfriend. You feel like old gum stuck to the bottom of someone’s shoe.
But here’s the rub: It’s all the same. Regardless if you feel better than or worse than others, your ego-based evaluation separates you from your Source. And at the Source is where we ALL find our true worth: We are ROYALTY!
When we don’t know our own worth, we don’t live up to our potential.
We are separated from the royal power that connects us to every other magnificent being on this planet—Our Divine Center! We feel lonely, depressed, isolated, like it’s a dog eat dog world, and no one is on our side. Heck, sometimes, we’re not even on our side! We don’t respect our bodies and honor them as the royal temples they are. Anxious energy manifests itself in chronic disorders and pain. We make bad decisions.
So how do we access the Princess within? How do we get back to feeling like the royalty we are?
Once a week, I review my daily Gut-Checks and ask myself if I’ve been feeling centered. This week, I noticed I had been feeling a bit deflated. After a year of physical challenges, I am in the process of training my body to move again, and sometimes I get frustrated. So, I decided to take my first-ever private dance class with the masterful Alex Tchassov to help me evoke the Divine Princess within and see where she led me. I had no idea what I was in for, but I knew I wanted it—kind of like the thrill of a first date!
As soon as I walked through the door, Alex glided across the room and said, “Play with me. I am the captain, and you are the Princess. Welcome. Shall we dance, Princess Carrie?"
We traveled through centuries and unveiled the years of my body’s training to bring it present and allow Captain Alex to hold the space.
“Princess Carrie, breathe and relax. Trust me and connect,” cooed the Captain.
As our bodies moved together, Alex continued to beckon the princess within me and lead her with this gentle command:
Breathe and Connect
Breathe and Connect
We spent an hour floating on air! An hour of embracing a dream and fulfilling a desire; an hour of learning my past fulfills my present; every step has its value. In that short hour, I conjured up all my avatars, everything I have inside to find the balance, the style and the personality to be royalty. I learned to bring all the broken and healed parts of me forward and present, and to play with them—to thrive with them. I learned that the world, like a dance partner, will support me—but only if I know my own worth.
It’s time to let that Princess out of the tower! Here are some tried and true solutions to let Her Majesty rule:
1. Review your Gut-Checks to find out if you’ve been feeling centered, inflated or deflated.
2. If you’ve been a little off-center in either direction, then TAKE ACTION!
- Feeling inflated, like no one “gets you” because of how unique and special you are? Take a weekend retreat meditating or doing yoga, or volunteer at a dog shelter or a soup-kitchen to help you reconnect to your SOURCE, the part of you that is equal to your fellows, the part of you that is divinely ROYAL.
- Feeling deflated mentally? Go to an art museum or, better yet, take an art class to titillate your creative mind.
- Struggling with your physicality? Whether it’s your self-image, low-energy, or a chronic illness that’s bringing you down—find a way to get out and move your body in a way that inspires you! Take a flying-trapeze class; go on a long walk through the woods; dance around the house in your panties like you just don’t care! MOVE IT, MOVE IT, MOVE IT!
3. No matter what kind of stimulation (mind, body, or spirit) you choose to tap into your Source, always remember to:
Breath and Connect… to the Princess within!
Congrats! You are on the road to having an Internal Revolution. Welcome to the Passionate Rebel Lifestyle, a place to build a life of freedom and adventure on your terms. The proof is in the pudding, take action now! Leave a comment down below, tell me how you are becoming your Princess. Click here to join me for weekly Tips, Clips and Tricks.